Friday, November 12, 2010

Thank God for Day Offs!

The thing I love the most about working for Uncle Sam is the many federal holidays in a year. So yesterday while the rest of the country is celebrating Veterans day, I was celebrating my day off. But of course, I am more than grateful and appreciative for all the men and women in service who have serve to protect this nation.

Yesterday, I was able to acco
mplish a lot. I was able to go to the gym first thing in the morning, cooked B some breakfast, a little bit of laundry and some retail therapy. Since B works from home, he usually enjoys it when I have the day off. Not to spend time with me but to be fed:-).

For yesterday's breakfast, I present my version of cheesy omelette and some toast on the side.
(pardon my place mats, the nice ones I ordered have not arrive yet)

This was such an easy recipe. I made use of everything I had in the fridge and sometimes that's the beauty of cooking. You can improvise a simple recipe in many ways. I used 4 egg whites and 2 egg yolks for a healthy version. I chopped up some tomatoes, spinach, and white button mushrooms. I sauteed the mushrooms, spinach, and tomatoes first for a few minutes and seasoned them with a little bit of salt. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and season with a little bit of salt and pepper as well. Then pout the egg mixture on top of the sauteed vegetables and put some American cheese. You can stir it up or just fold the omelette (however you prefer). I then toasted some bread and spread Neufchatel cream cheese (it has less fat than the regular cream cheese) and then I added some mixed berry conserve on top (which has less sugar content and no fat added). Easy, easy and simple!

After breakfast, I showered real quick to get my self to the mall to return some stuff. I told myself not to buy anything but only to return my previous purchase. But here is what I wore to the mall. When B me saw me, he asked, "Is that what you are wearing to the mall?" LOL!




What's wrong with this outfit?

So what did i get in the mall? I have been currently obsessing these Burberry shearling aviator jacket but who can afford a jacket worth $2k? Certainly not me. I can use that to my bag funds instead.


(photos from Net a porter)

I have been looking for a similar jacket but nothing has tickled my fancy until I went to Zara. For a fraction of the price, you can find the best imitation of clothes from the runway. While I was browsing around, I wanted to buy everything in the store but I was trying to be good to my CC. But for some reason, something was telling me that I should go to the boys section and lo and behold, yes I found what I was looking for. It was love at first sight. HAHA! That's why I love having a small frame, I can fit kids clothing. And oh kids shoes too!











What you think? Have a great weekend mes amis. I can't wait for tomorrow, I will be going to the DC Metro Cooking Show convention will finally be able to meet Bobby Flay.

Bisous,
Contessa


No comments:

Post a Comment