Saturday, November 13, 2010

The Metropolitan Cooking and Entertaining Show - Part 1

B and I had the opportunity to attend this year's Metropolitan Cooking and Entertaining Show (thanks to Vivian of Foodspring Co. for the tickets)! It's a two day show that runs from Saturday to Sunday. To my knowledge, Ms. Danise Medved, author of two successful cookbooks (unfortunately, I don't own either of them), is the brainchild of The the Metropolitan Cooking & Entertaining Show, which was founded in 2005. Her passion for cooking and entertaining resulted to this genius trade show, which is now on it's 3rd year here in the nation's capital.

They had over 300 food exhibitors with a wide range of selection and offered tastings to the public. B and I had a ball trying a variety of food from cheese sticks to super creamy ice cream. They also had live cooking shows performed by some of DC's famous chefs. Of course, people flock and pay extra to see the very famous Food Network TV personalities, such as Bobby Flay, Rachel Ray and Paula Deen in a theater style presentation. I was fortunate enough to see Bobby Flay's presentation. Although, I caught the tail end of it, I was still able to enjoy watching him live as he was very entertaining.


I must say that the Metropolitan Cooking and Entertaining Show was a success. They had a positive turn out and the amount of traffic coming in and out was outrageous. As much as I wanted to stay longer, I just couldn't handle the crowd. But over all, I am glad I was able to attend. I mean who can't pass up a show that involves cooking and entertaining, right?


Now brace yourself with pictures from the show. Enjoy!

The signed the greeted us as we entered the Walter E. Washington Convention Center.




These were for sale not for free tasting:-(. The red velvet cake looks inviting!



Organic ice cream from a local creamy in Maryland. I tried the butter pecan and it was sinfully delish!



Herbs anyone? They were all kinds of herbs such as basil and mint. 2 for $3, pretty cheap!







Bobby Flay cooking live.




Thanks for reading my blog mes amis. On my next post, I will be featuring foodspring.com, where they had a pavillion of specialty food. Not only were we able to partake in tasting different kinds of specialty food products they had to offer but also voted for the City Choice award for the best specialty product.

Bisous,
Contessa

2 comments: