Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Oh Monday, how I love thee!

Not! I usually don't look forward for Mondays for numerous reasons. Well, the first obvious would be, it's the first day of the week, then that means I would have to wait for 4 more days until the weekend. But not just that, it's also the start of my work out routine. I am back at the gym after a weekend of indulgence on junk food (I try not too though:-).

But I don't mind as long as I look like her, right?

*Photo Credit from Image Group Fitness Website*

Body Pump, the reason why I dread Mondays and Wednesdays:-)! But why do I torture myself then if I am only complaining here? I for once, like to be active and you, my friends, should be active. I don't like doing Cardio that much (will explain on a later post) and lifting weights are my favorite. And no they don't make you bulky. Lifting weights simply help your muscles grow and it helps you lose more fats/calories than just doing a simple cardiovascular exercise.

Body Pump incorporates barbells and you can put on as much weight as you can handle. It's a 60 minute class that strengthen the entire body. It covers the major muscle groups such as chest, glutes, biceps, triceps, legs and abs. It's a little hard at first when you are just starting out, but believe me I have been going to this class religiously and it has definitely strengthened me. So my friends the journey to good living starts with a good work out routine. Be active! Get your heart rate pumpin because you will benefit for it in the long run.....

Next post simple and healthy recipe....

Bisous,
Contessa


No comments:

Post a Comment