Tuesday, February 1, 2011

For the Love of Matcha Green Tea

Green Tea is love! I don't know about you but I think I probably drink more green tea (no sugar please) than water.  I usually stock up on green tea every chance I get. Although, my collection is probably mediocre compare to someone who is a pure green tea lover.  The taste over shadows that many health benefits it has. It's high in anti oxidant. Furthermore, it increases our metabolism, which in turn helps us burn more fat. Who does not want to burn fat, right? And all you had to do is drink green tea on a regular? Sure....

Yes, I do have a love affair with green tea. I love anything flavored with green tea. Green Tea Macarons. Green Tea Mochi. Green Tea Ice Cream. Grean Tea Shake.  Green Tea Cupcake. I told myself that eventually, I will have to try to make some of these treats. All I needed was some Matcha. So when my  sister brought some Matcha from Japan Town in San Francisco, I was elated. Matcha refers to finely-milled Japanese green tea (and they don't come cheap). According to the Wikipedia, the cultural activity called the Japanese tea ceremony centers on the preparation, serving, and drinking of matcha. In modern times, matcha has also come to be used to flavour and dye foods. 

I've had my matcha for quiet some time now. It's been sitting inside the pantry just waiting for me to find some time in my hands to prepare it. Out of boredom on Sunday, I finally got around to using it. I looked around the internet for some inspiration but I lacked most of the recipes. So I decided, I will make my own concoction instead.


Coconut Mango flavored sorbet from Whole Foods and my Matcha.

Put one teaspoon of matcha on a bowl and pour a little bit of hot water enough to melt the matcha. Whisk until you see it bubbling.  I didn't have the proper bamboo whisk tool so I used my regular whisk instead. Suffice to say, it still turned out great.
Totally adding this on my Amazon cart.

My preferred drink. I don't drink milk and can't remember the last time I did. Almond Milk is becoming the trend. It's so much better for you.  I used this to mix with my green powder supplement, my protein shake, my oatmeal and sometimes with baking. So anyways, add a cup of this to your matcha and sorbet. Blend until smooth.

Matcha Green Tea Sorbet Shake. Refreshing and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment