Friday, February 18, 2011

Fitness Friday - Let's Do Some Push-Ups

From now on, I will dedicate every Friday's post to fitness (and excercise). Fitness, food, and fashion. These are three things that I live for (well besides my B and family,:)). I feel that since it plays an essential role in my life, other than cooking, I might as well blog and share some fitness tips with you.  

What about fitness? Well, it's been a part of my whole life. Whether it be sports or outdoor activities, I have always been conscious with the importance of living fit and staying active. It did not happen over night.  It was rather a journey. Trust me, it took a while to get to where I am. It definitely took some planning and the right state of mind.

Before I go on, I just want to assure you that I am, in no way, an expert in physical training. I just hope that I can be able to inspire you. By all means, you are entitled to any physical activity that you are capable of. Any of the excercise tips I share here should be read with caution. Some of the things I do might not be easy for you. But I say, push yourself to the limit (Scarface's Push it the the Limits is playing in the background, lol). To the limit!!! Nice work-out song too!

Since we are talking about "pushing" it to the limit, how about let's start this Friday with some push-ups? It's one of my favorite activity/excercise to do.  It's free and you don't need to be in the gym.  You can do it pretty much anywhere and anytime. I remember in the past, I had a hard time doing full on military style push-up. Like I said, it was a journey. I practiced and practiced until I perfected it. Now I think I can do 50 of them. But just don't challenge me, okay? LOL!

Thanks to my friend/gym buddy Nanette for taking this picture after our ab lab class.
(The picture above is taken right after my ab class in the gym. Mind you, we just did 30 seconds straight push-up here. My shoulders were about to give in. But they say, no pain, no gain). 
If I can do a push-up, you can clearly do one too! I mean, its one of the basic and common excercise for the human body. It has many great benefits to your body. Not only, it increases your strenght but it makes your core stronger as well.  And who does not want toned shoulders?  I know you do:-) Start slowly and before you know it, by the end of the week, you can do more than you think you can.


Was trying to be serious and hold it at the same time. I just can't stop laughing. I feel like I am making a fool of my self lol.
Before I end this post (coz I am about to do more push-ups, jk!), here is a great tip: Do some sets of push-up before going out escpecially when you are wearing something that reveals your shoulders and torso. You will not be sweating and if you are, you will be glistening with sweat. You will see some definition:-)
Till next Friday's fitness post! Have a great weekend...Bisous, Contessa

No comments:

Post a Comment