Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Pre-Opening Tour of the New Whole Foods Market


If you have been reading my blog, you know that I am a self-professed Whole Foods lover. Imagine my excited when I got the invitation above. Not everyday that you get an invitation like this. My humble blog is finally getting noticed. I was beyond ecstatic to be part of the "blogger" invitees in the pre-opening tour of my local Whole Foods Market. Their new store has taken it up a notch and I have the pictures below to prove you. A relocation/renovation has been long overdue. Not that I did not enjoy their old store. It's just that the location and the size weren't ideal. Now that they've expanded a million times larger (yes it's super huge and one can probably spend an entire day getting lost in between the different isles), I might have to changed my shopping routine from Mondays to Saturdays, where I can just spend all day without getting rushed. It will be heaven...oh I can't wait!

IMG_8484

As soon as I walked inside the store, I was greeted by a different variety of fresh flowers. They had Roses, Orchids, Tulips, Ranunculus and Hydrangeas in different colors. It was absolutely a treat to look at. 
IMG_8489

IMG_8500

IMG_8503

IMG_8533
A variety of beans to choose from. 

IMG_8539

They have a coffee connoisseur in store who travels around the world looking for the best coffee beans. If I recall, they had us tried freshly brewed coffee that cost $70/lb. I am not a coffee drinker so I can't really tell you if it was good or not. All I remember was that it was very strong.  

IMG_8541

IMG_8543



IMG_8506

IMG_8513
I died when I saw this. All kinds of mushrooms to choose from. I was in foodie heaven!

IMG_8520

IMG_8523

IMG_8524

IMG_8544
For people who have Celiac disease, Whole Foods has an extensive selection of gluten free products. Not only that but they make sure that local organic companies are also promoted throughout the store. 

IMG_8554
Lots of options for smoke salmon lovers. I like it very much:-)

IMG_8560

IMG_8561
Their specialty department was ahhhh-mazing! I cant wait to try their different cheeses. 

IMG_8564

IMG_8566

IMG_8571
Fresh home-made pastas were being sold by the pound. 

IMG_8588

IMG_8598
The bakery section does not need any description or introduction. I will let the pictures make you drool:-p

IMG_8602

IMG_8605

IMG_8606

IMG_8614
I was excited that they have Jurlique in their whole body department. 

IMG_8621
I can really see myself hanging out here every weekend. Free wi-fi too! 

IMG_8623
By the end of the floor tour, they had a table full of scrumptious spread waiting for the bloggers to feast on. 

IMG_8624
This is what I had on my plate. I promise you that I didn't go for seconds though. HAHA! 


I hope you had a feast looking at all the pictures that I took. Although, these pictures don't do justice on how amazing and beautiful the store was. If you love going to the super market, the Whole Foods store in Rockville will give you a whole new meaning to food shopping. 


I just want to thank the Marketing Director and the Rockville Whole Foods team for their kindness and for the opportunity to take a sneak peak of the store before they opened it for the public. You guys rock! 


If you are in the Montgomery County area, don't forget to visit Whole Foods new location at 11355 Woodglen Drive, Rockville, MD. 


Bisous, Contessa

4 comments:

  1. what a treat for you guys! great shots chat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks LP:-)I can see where my weekends will be spent now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My idea of quiet time/me time is going to the grocery. When I'm pissed my husband asks: do you want me to bring you to the grocery? Lol. What an amazing store. I love the flowers and how they display
    The fruit. I'm sure I'd spend a fortune in the smoked salmon and cheese sections!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m going to read this. I’ll be sure to come back. thanks for sharing. and also This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. this is very nice one and gives indepth information. thanks for this nice article... halal food exporters

    ReplyDelete