Thursday, April 14, 2011

Grilled Chicken Sandwich Pesto

For those of you who are looking for an alternative way of preparing grilled that your children and hubby will eat, my grilled chicken sandwich pesto is what you are looking for. will knock your socks off. Not only it's tasty but also great for the health conscious. 
Usually during the week, I usually find myself preparing the same meal over and over. Baked fish, grilled chicken, grilled steak...you know the deal! Meal that doesn't take over 30 minutes of cooking.  And this week while I was marinating some chicken breast prior to grilling, it dawned on me that I have been eating the same way over and over. LOL! So I thought that it was time to add a little twist.  Let me confess first that this sandwich was for B. I had mine without the bread. HAHA!  

IMG_8172

Two all natural chicken breasts. Seasoned with salt, pepper,and paprika. Grill each side for 3 minutes until the middle is cooked. Then slice thinly. Set it aside.
Organic baby bella mushrooms cleaned and sliced about half an inch.
Spinach (or any other greens like arugula or lettuce)
Tomato Pesto or Roasted tomato hummus (makes a different to the taste)
Low fat cheddar cheese (or almond cheddar cheese if you choose to go dairy free)

Spread the tomato pesto on each side of bread. Now the fun part is layering all the ingredients. If you have children, you can let them join in the fun and have them layer their own sandwich according to what they like. I added the spinach, then grilled chicken, then mushrooms and topped it with slices of cheese. Bake in the 400 degree oven for 10 minutes or until cheese has melted and bread is golden and crispy.  The whole process took less than 30 minutes. If B enjoyed every bite of it, you will too.

IMG_8182

Have a great Thursday.  Bisous, Contessa

2 comments:

  1. Sandwiches are my Waterloo C. I love them and have bought Nancy Silverton's book lol :) I cannot give up bread yet. Thanks for a lovely idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello I am so delighted I located your blog, I really located you by mistake, while I was watching on google for something else, Anyways I am here now and could just like to say thank for a tremendous post and a all round entertaining website. Please do keep up the great work. www.mykfcexperience.com survey validation code

    ReplyDelete